Sunday, January 19, 2020

and away we go


Last week (and the week before) I didn’t post any weekly goals or goals for the Round. I only shared my year-long goals. So, I know this is cheating, but here’s what I did this week and I’m counting it all as goals achieved. Because, somewhere in the Round of Words in 80 Days it clearly states, “the writing challenge that knows you have a life”, and since this has been my life the last couple years, I’m starting out on a good note.

WRITING     
1)        Post three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles.”  Done.
2)        Post here once a week. And done.

REACHING
1)        Work to self-publish “The Truth Beyond the River”.  I finished yet another read-through of it. Still found a few mistakes; hope that was all of them.

READING
1)        Finish reading “The Chaperone”. Done. (I kinda like this whole way of doing goals.)
2)        Read five other blogs this week and comment on three of them. I read six other blogs and commented on three. 
(Random tree I thought I should take a picture of in 1980.) 
REMAINING
1)              Work on the box of old pictures in my office.  I emptied one of my old photo albums, scanning 40 old pictures.
2)              Clean off the desk in my office. Done. What a mess this room is! I just keep piling things on the desk with no regard as to whether or not I need to keep those things. Should have a year-long goal of keeping my desk under control.

Okay, so enough of that nonsense. Time to stop gloating and march back to reality. Looking at my list of goals for the year, I realize that I just need to start whittling away at them. So, here are tweaked versions of some of those goals, which I hope to succeed at this week.

WRITING     
1)        Write 500 words on the story “Where the Dogs Bark.”   
2)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.”
3)        Post here once.  

REACHING
1)              Research self-publishing my novel, “The Truth Beyond the River”, on Amazon.
2)              Write a “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”.
3)        Research places to submit my novella “Finding Justice.”
4)        Contact one place where I might give a presentation and hold a book signing.

READING
1)        Read half of the novel I am currently reading, “The Carpenter: A Retelling of the Story of Joseph of Nazareth.”
2)        Read five other blogs and comment on three of them.  
(Really random - the top of my dresser,
my senior year in high school.) 

REMAINING
1)        Scan and empty another photo album of old pictures.   
2)        Clean the closet in my office.

That looks like about it.

How are you doing so far this Round? Reaching those goals or still revising them (as I am).   

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah! Lots of great progress this week! Going through old photos and scanning them is a pleasure. I did some of that a couple weeks ago myself.

    ReplyDelete