Sunday, January 26, 2020

Much Success


I’ll have to make this short and sweet. My kids are on the way over to shovel off our roofs; there has to be three feet up there and even though the experts say that our roofs were built to hold a ton of snow (or something), I still get nervous that one morning I’ll wake up with all that snow in my bed. In which case, I probably wouldn’t wake up.

Here are my goals from this past week. You may or may not remember that green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

WRITING     
1)        Write 500 words on the story “Where the Dogs Bark.” 783 words written.
2)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.” Yup.
3)        Post here once.  Yup.

REACHING
1)              Research self-publishing my novel, “The Truth Beyond the River”, on Amazon. See #3 below.
2)              Write a “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”. Nope.
3)        Research places to submit my novella “Finding Justice.” I did start researching places to submit this. Even though novellas are one of my favorite types of fiction to read – quick to finish – it sounds like it’s challenging to find a place to publish them, mostly because they can’t make as much money as a novel. Which leaves me thinking that I could self-publish this through Amazon, as a way to get my feet wet for the novel. I still just shy away from that, feeling it is like giving up on getting published “for real”. See what I decide in the next week or so.   
4)        Contact one place where I might give a presentation and hold a book signing. Nope.

READING
1)        Read half of the novel I am currently reading, “The Carpenter: A Retelling of the Story of Joseph of Nazareth.” At 51%.
2)        Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. Read six and commented on five.

REMAINING
1)        Scan and empty another photo album of old pictures. Yes, even though my scanner started making people’s faces look funny so I reverted back to taking pictures of pictures.   
2)        Clean the closet in my office. Yes. What a mess. I even pawned some stuff off on my daughter. She’s got a big house with like three empty closets. Let’s fill those babies up for her, right?
Yikes! Nothing I tried could make this look any better. 
My senior picture, scanned years ago with my old scanner. Can't figure out what's up with the new scanner. 
Looks like quite a bit of success. Let’s see if I can keep it up for next week.

WRITING     
1)        Finish writing the story “Where the Dogs Bark.”  
2)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.
3)        Post here once. 

REACHING
1)              Research self-publishing my novella “Finding Justice” on Amazon.
2)              Design a cover for “Finding Justice.” (I think I may change the title too.)
3)        Write a “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”.
4)        Contact one place where I might give a presentation and hold a book signing.

READING
1)        Finish reading the novel I am currently reading, “The Carpenter: A Retelling of the Story of Joseph of Nazareth.”
2)        Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. 

REMAINING
1)        Scan and empty another photo album of old pictures.  
2)        Clean the desk and file cabinet in my office.

How about you? Getting after those goals and finding success? Or thinking about cutting back a bit? It’s your call.

2 comments:

  1. The weirdness in the face scans might be from glare, particularly when the scans are that dark. Perhaps closing the curtain would help? Looks like a reasonable week, with lots of green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of green here! Well done!
    And good luck with the snow. ^^

    ReplyDelete