Sunday, January 12, 2020

Goals for all of 2020

A bad sign when the park bench looks like this. 

I am still trying to decide what I want to accomplish this year, where I want my writing path to take me, or if I want it to continue sitting on a park bench as it had been doing most of 2019. Before I dive into weekly goals, here, I need to look at the big picture.

All right. Here it is, my list of goals for the entire year. Of course, this list is open to continuous tweaking.

WRITING     
1)              Edit the novella “Finding Justice”.
2)              Finish typing the novella “No Body Found”.
3)              Finish writing the short story “Where the Dogs Bark.”
4)              Finish writing the novel “Ice Cream Spies”, previously called “Old New Spies”.
5)              Start the second book in the “Ice Cream Spies” series, once I finish the first one, of course. (As if that is going to happen!)
6)        Post three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles.
7)        Post here once a week.

REACHING
As if any book signings were a success
1)              Self-publish “The Truth Beyond the River”.
2)              Submit twelve pieces, somewhere, anywhere.
3)              Attend two book signings.
4)              Give one presentation.  
5)        Redo my website. 

READING
1)        Read twelve current novels, two novels from the “classics” list, two nonfictional (self-help?) books and one devotional.
2)        Read an average of five other blogs per week, commenting on three of them.
Traveling partner


REMAINING
1)        Travel to Cambodia in the fall. I’m so excited about this! This has been on my bucket list for over 45 years!
2)        Empty my box of old pictures.  
3)        Finish my family tree.  
4)        Clean out all of the closets in my house.
5)        Keep my weight right where it is. It took me most of last year to lose that five pounds to even make the weight I wanted. Now to keep it there. 

What do you think? Any of that sound attainable? After my last few years of long lists of failures, I’m going to really work at this in 2020.

Wish me luck!

How about you? Does your list of goals look achievable? Realistic? Overly energetic? 


2 comments:

  1. I do love long lists (I guess a therapist could go on and on about that!)... so to me this seems achievable of course.

    Good luck with everything and enjoy Cambodia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over a year? Yeah, I think they're all attainable, Chris. That said, I get the feeling that (just as I was last year with the move and such) you're spinning, trying to decide where to start to get the most accomplished...

    Can't actually offer any help there save to say "pick up a project, maybe random--maybe flip a coin or spin a wheel, and just do it". Set an amount of time to focus on just that and do it. A lot of classics can be downloaded or borrowed as audiobooks... fill your phone or MP3player with them while you drive or work out.

    And rest... honestly sit quiet and let the whole world fall away for ten or fifteen minutes a day. It'll help more than all the finished projects in the world

    ReplyDelete