Sunday, September 20, 2020

So Much Green!

This week turned out to be showered in green.

Here's what I had hoped to get done and what I actually accomplished. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

1) My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.”

a. Post a blog about it once this week. No, I did not.

b. Post that video I made on YouTube. No, I did not do that either. Technology is scaring me off. I gotta suck it up and figure it out.  

c. BONUS. I did set up for a free promotion of the e-version starting tomorrow.

2) My WIP, the novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters. I wrote only an actual two total chapters for 3,356 words, with 360 on the next chapter, but also wrote the premises for the next four chapters, an additional 167 words, so I’m really thinking this goal was met. 

b. Do an evening of research for it. Done. I watched another hour on the documentary about the Civil War.

3) Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles. Yes.

b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”. Yes.

c. Do research into markets for some of my short stories.  Yes, actually I did!

4) Other stuff.

a. Work on my family tree. I did about an hour.

b. Work on one of my several quilt projects. I did sew together the easy one – just needed to sew the front to the back and stitch it together.

Dino plopped down on the quilt as soon as I spread it on the floor. 
And no, I did not stitch that pattern together, it came just like that. 

 This coming weekend, my kids are taking Hubby and I to a cabin up north for a few days. I will probably have time to work on my writing and other things, as the cabin does have WiFi, but I should probably focus on spending time with the family.

 I think it’s reasonable, though, that I accomplish the following during the week.  

          1) My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.”

a. Post a blog about it once this week.

b. Post that video I made on YouTube.  

c. Promote the free e-book version on my social media.

2) My WIP, the novel, “Rewrite the Now”.

a. Write three chapters or 4,500 words.

b. Do an evening of research for it.

3) Other writing.

a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles.

b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”.

c. Write a short story to submit to one of the markets I discovered last week.  

4) Other stuff.

a. Going to that cabin on the weekend, so don’t think I’ll get a chance to work on anything extra. But that is super-okay, right?   

Oh, and once again, this new Blooger set up is making me lose my mind!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the way this looks today, all spread out. Stupid Blogger!!!!!

Have a great week, be safe and stay healthy.  Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment