Sunday, September 6, 2020

A Strange Week


It was a strange week. I can’t really go into it. Well, I can say that I called in sick Tuesday, with a headache. Not a big deal, I think it was just from stress and lack of sleep.

That being said, I should have gotten more done. But I, at least, have a bit more green and yellow. I’m okay with that.

Here's what I had hoped to get done this week and what actually happened. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

.           1) My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.
a. Post a blog about it once this week. Hmm? No.
b. Market it in some way. Hmm? No again.
2) My newest novel.
a. First, I need to think hard about a better title, even if it is still a working title, it has to be better than “Save Our School”. Maybe I need to write this out, type my thoughts and something brilliant will come to mind. The book goes back and forth from the Civil War era to the near future, maybe around ten years from now. So, I’m thinking of a take on something like “Back to the Future”. So, more like “Forward to the Past” or like “History Comes Alive”. As if those aren’t as dumb as “Save Our School”.  Maybe “Gone with the Future”. It’s also a post-quel to my new old spies series. I know, has anyone ever heard of a post-quel? Opposite of a pre-quel, right? Ok, so at least I can give this goal a yellow, as now I have proof that I have thought about it.
b. Write three chapters. Close. I wrote a chapter and a little bit for a total of 1,532 words.
c. Do an evening of research for it. Yes, I’m going to count the movie I watched on Tuesday set in the Civil War.
3) Other writing.
a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles. Yes, twice actually.
b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”. Yes, thrice actually.  
4) Other stuff.
a. Work on getting the kittens to be friends with our old cat. Yes, but it is a slow process.
b. Work on one of my several quilt projects. Noo, what was I thinking!   
c. Go out to my mom’s property. Yes, and picked up this awesome teapot in the old family dump along the swamp on the property line.
Adorable! And it cleaned up so nice, just like new. 
Well, except for the bottom being missing. Oops!
With Labor Day tomorrow and nothing else on my plate, I’m hoping to get at least a few things done. No plans yet for next weekend either. Life is on hold right now, more than usual, so maybe I will lay low and get lots accomplished then as well.

1) My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.
a. Post a blog about it once this week.
b. Market it in some way.
2) My newest novel.
a. Come up with a better working title. End of discussion, just pick one.
b. Write three chapters.
c. Do an evening of research for it.
3) Other writing.
a. Write an entry in my Covert Corona Chronicles.
b. Write two posts on my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”.
c. Do research into markets for some of my short stories.
4) Other stuff.
a. Work on one of my several quilt projects. 
b. Work on getting the kittens to be friends with our old cat. 
First time outside, inside the fenced garden, watching the old cat stalk passed. 
How about you? Do you have any plans for Labor Day? Feeling like summer truly is over? And how about school? Have the kids in your town gone back to school physically, or are they do it virtually?

Have a great week.  Chris

7 comments:

  1. Where do I find you Covert Corona Chronicles or is it your private journal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, my COVID chronicles are pretty much a private journal. I've shared a few entries on my Dino Chronicles, but nothing lately. Even though it seems that I bare my soul between my two blogs, there is still a lot that I need to keep private. Some day, though, it probably won't matter and I'll let it all out.

      Thanks for your comments. I appreciate your support so much. Chris

      Delete
  2. Hey there, Chris!

    It's been a while since I visited you.

    I think the kids here go back this coming week, in a hybrid format? Not sure if buses will be running.

    I've never been so grateful to have always homeschooled. Lise, at 16, is now entering her final official year, and had considered going to school for at least part of the year, for the experience. Before COVID, she decided to stay home, so there was no hard decision for me to make.

    I'm not sure how parents of schooled kids make it. My heart is with all of them!

    I kind of like the title "Save Our School" but it might not be fitting for the nature of the story. I hope you find something you like better!

    Have fun with the kittens! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good to hear from you, Shan.

      Most of the families I know have both parents working, so when schools shut down last March, it was a nightmare for them to not only find child care but to be able to see that their kids' home work got finished virtually. One friend of mine didn't find out until the end of May that none of her son's virtual assignments reached his teacher, even though she was sure they were all sent to her. She's already frantic at the prospect of schools closing again.

      It's a strange new world out there and I hope that our kids aren't the ones to suffer from all of this.

      Delete
  3. If sleep deprivation gave you a headache, I hope you were able to rest on Tuesday and afterwards. Take care. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems my sleep deprivation is on a cycle. I'll go two or three weeks sleeping like a rock every night, then go for a week or two restless all night. I usually try to roll with it, but some weeks I'm like - can't this just be the week to sleep!

      Delete