Sunday, September 23, 2012

So, what's next?

So, whoever it is who sets up the ROW80 says that we are done with this round, and that the next round starts October 1. Well, if you have ever read this blog, you know that I don't need an excuse to be a slacker for a week. I can pretty much slack around for any old reason. But not this time.

I have got some goals rolling around in my head that just can't wait a week. I am on them now like rain on the Fourth of July.

First of all, what have I done this week? Accomplished nine out of 17 weekly goals. I posted three times right on schedule on my other blog, I networked twice on the internet sites (does anyone network in person anymore?? just wondering), I researched markets, I worked on my book once (sad face), I worked on a devotion for publication, and then (drum roll please) I submitted that devotion to a paying market. Yeah me!

I may tweak those goals this week, but I think my system works for me even though scoring a ten is the highest I've gone. Here's a thought - let me show you that system. Kind of like deal-a-goal.

My immediate goal for the upcoming week, however, is to submit my memoir to a publisher! Yes, I'm going to do it Monday night. That gives me tomorrow to do a speed-read through my manuscript just to make sure it looks nice. If I slow-read the thing one more time, I may throw up on my laptop. Yes, I know that it needs more editing, but hopefully this publisher sees the potential and their editor will work with me. I know, I know, what a dreamer I am!

OK, so I talked to the publisher, Life Sentence Publishing, at my writer's conference last month and promised him I would e-mail this thing. He sounded interested, so that helps. Oh, yeah and it's not a traditional royalty publisher, so I am paying for this thing.

There are a lot subsidy publishers out there and a person could go crazy researching them all. Since I have met the guy who runs Life Sentence, and got a good feeling from him, I feel more comfortable throwing my money his way. But we will see what they think and what kind of feeling I get after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment