Saturday, January 26, 2013

Where is the month going?


Well, let's get right to it. What did I accomplish this week? 

Daily goals –
1-                           Write for an hour a day - Hmm? I worked on my novel one night and thought about it all the other nights. Then I wrote two extra blog posts, per my January commentment to blog every single day, so that adds up to three points. 
2-                           Market my book or other current project for one hour a day - I believe that I actually worked on marketing the book only a couple times. I know, how is that possible? It is possible because I realize that it is time for the book to make it on its own out in the big bad world. Mama Bird can only protect Baby Bird for so long; it is time for Baby Bird to fly and be free. But seriously, for my own mental health, I need to stop eating, drinking, sleeeping, walking my memoir. I know that I have to keep on it, but it is no longer going to consume me. I did start working on a presentation that I am giving which is about the trip, so I have to give myself a point for that. So, I'm going to squeak out four points. 
3-                           Comment on one other blog – Sometimes I still neglect this goal. Sorry to all the other bloggers. I really am reading your blogs, just not commenting on them, other than four times this week.  

Weekly goals –
1-     Post to Dino Chronicles three times a week – three points this week
2-     Post to Writing What I Can When I Can twice a week – two points this week
3-     Work on my social networks, by adding to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Goodreads and Pinterest each once a week – five points this week

Monthly goals-
1-     Do research on my novel – I really think about doing this all the time, but I really need to get on it. Zero points again this week
2-     Submit something somewhere – Which I did twice earlier in the month so am hanging onto my ten points five points per month

Year-end goal-
          Finish my novel – 1000 points! Yeah, has not happened. You will certainly be the first to know. 

Giving me 31 out of 41 points. So that's it for the week, and almost it for January. Where has the month gone??? 

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of giving accomplishments points...but, I just can't do it! I think you're looking at everything honestly and you did get some things done. Are you trying to do too much or is it something else?

    I only had two goals and only hit one of them! For me, it was all resistance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty happy with my 31 points and that's what I like about the points. It didn't feel like I did anything this week, but the points say differently.

      When resistance hits, you just gotta push back with a big club. But one goal down is better than none.

      Delete