Sunday, April 21, 2013

Running out of time.


Things are winding down - or are they winding up? I don't know, but I am running out of time. 

Throughout April – Continue asking for donated supplies to take to Kenya.
Continuing – Thursday morning one of the pharmacist’s from our local pharmacy called and said that they had put together a box of supplies for us to take to Kenya. I told him I could come pick it up some time, but he said he would drop it off on his lunch hour. When the box arrived, I started crying. Here is all what was included. Awesome.

By April 1             – Finish Chapter 30 on my novel.
Done April 5
By April 2             - Contact my local radio station about doing a spot for my book and the Women on the Wings of Faith talk I am giving the end of the month.
Set up for 9:35 tomorrow morning. I suppose I should think about what I will say.
By April 5             – Get typhoid meds, malaria meds, and antibiotics for the trip.
I just started my typhoid pills this morning. There used to be a shot for typhoid, but it has gotten crazy expensive. So instead of one quick poke with a needle, I have to take a pill every other day until Saturday. The pills have to be refrigerated and I have to take them on an empty stomach and with a liquid that is not hot. Really? What a pain. A shot is less painful, I think.
By April 5             – Call airlines to give them our passport information.
Done April 3
April 6                   - Attend Book Festival in St. Peter, Minnesota.
Done April 6
By April 10           - Purchase Travel Insurance.
Still researching this. I absolutely positively have to do this today.  
By April 11           – Email two people questions asking about adoption for my book.
I think this might have to wait until I come back. My friend who gave her baby up for adoption is moving back home, so I might wait until I can get together with her and take it from there.
By April 12           – Revise WSMA gmail accounts.
I finished these on April 14 and handed out the 31 passwords to the people who need them at my state convention yesterday.
By April 13           - Finish Doni’s Form Builder questions for WSMA.
I think I will take this off my list, since it has become apparent that this will be ongoing. Maybe the goal should be to do ten of them a month or something.
By April 14           – Have final power point for my talk on my book at WOWOF on April 24.
                                I have to do this today too!        
By April 14           - Have cleaned out the spare bedroom so Val can move her stuff home.
Done April 12.
By April 15           - Finish Chapter 31 on my novel.
April 18 – 20        - Attend the WSMA convention in Neenah.
This is in the record books and you can read all about it on the WSMA Facebook page, which is another duty I have – keeping that up to date. I was also the installation officer (i.e. emcee) for the banquet on Saturday. Not a big deal, but I’m glad it is over with.

April 22, 9:30 am – Live on the air interview on my local radio station, to promote my trip, my book and my speaking engagement on the 24th.
April 24, 6:30 pm - WOWOF presentation.
By April 30           - Have worked up to running a full mile to see if I can do it.
If only it would stop snowing. I got my mom’s treadmill last week, but running on that is worse than watching paint dry.
By May 1              - Have moved Val’s stuff home, except that now she might leave most of her stuff at her boyfriend's apartment so that would help me out.
May 3                    - Take my Kinship kid to the Colton Dixon concert in Milwaukee.
                                I have the tickets, but I suppose I should make hotel reservations.   
May 5 – 19          - Gone to Africa.
By May 26           - Have gotten the garden ready to plant.
By May 31           - Have run 3 miles to know if I will ever be able to run a 5K.
By June 1             - Have planted the garden.
June 8                   - Attend the concert in Minnesota with my friend Phyllis.
By June 10           - Have made plans for our vacation in September (Wow, that sounds like a long ways away).
July 4                     - If I haven’t run a 5K yet anywhere else, I will run in the one here in town on the Fourth of July.

8 comments:

  1. What wonderful progress before you leave for Kenya. All that specific planning and I'm thinking sheer stubbornness keeps you right on track. I wish you safe journeys. Are you taking a journal with you to capture your impressions? I hope so. You might even end up writing about your current WIP. I also salute you for contacting that radio station to talk about your book. How did you prepare for that? Wishing you a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on taking a journal; I probably should throw a notebook in my suitcase already so that I don't forget. The other thing that helps is taking lots of pictures. If I don't have time to write something down, I can at least take a picture to reference back to.

      Last week I sent the radio station my media kit, which includes lots of information from my trip and the book, along with sample questions. I suppose before 9:30 this morning I should read over those questions, huh?

      Delete
  2. Just... awesome.
    .
    .
    .
    P.S. I agree about the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing well there - what a lot to do before you leave - please don't forget the notebook and pen - all the best:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The notebook was the first thing to go in the suitcase. I probably need more than one pen though.

      Delete
  4. Chris,

    I have this feeling that once you've cleared some of these pre-existing urgent matters from your plate, those reds will be sending up vibrant green shoots (like the ones in your garden!).

    It seems as though you are accomplishing miracles,already! =)

    May yoru journeying be safe and deeply fulfilling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have reached the summit, I think that I really will get done everything I need to get done and be able to rest a little very soon.

      Delete