Monday, April 1, 2013

New and totally crazy goals for this round


Ok, I know that over the last month I have been actually pulling back on my goals, making them more attainable and less rigid. In the long run, that is still my goal. KISS. Keep it simple, stupid, or so the saying goes. That being said I have an insane schedule for the next two months. I have got way too much to do to just be like, ok, do what you can, when you can. Thus I have some really specific goals which have some specific deadlines.

When you read these goals, you have to remember the following:

1)     I work in a medical clinic Monday through Thursday, 36 to 40 hours a week, as a certified medical assistant. To keep my certification current I am involved in the state society of medical assistants (WSMA, for shor). I used to be very active in this organization, but have scaled back on those responsibilities. However, I still have some stuff to do prior to the state convention in three weeks.
2)      I leave for Africa on May 3; I cannot change that deadline. I have a lot to do before that. I have left a lot of the planning up to my daughter, but that is still stressful because I wonder what I am getting myself into it.
3)      I consider myself to be in OK physical shape, but I have never been a runner. A co-worker has talked me into running in a 5K in June. On my first run last week, I made it two-tenths of a mile before I thought my lungs were going to explode.
4)      My mom’s health continues to decline. I never know what time of the day or night she will call me to run over to her house to do something for her.  

So here is how my schedule looks. For now.

Throughout April - Continue asking for donated supplies of things to take to Kenya with me
By April 1             – Finish Chapter 30 on my novel
By April 2             - Contact my local radio station about doing a spot for my book and the Women on the Wings of Faith talk I am giving the end of the month
By April 5             – Get typhoid meds, malaria meds, and antibiotics for the trip
By April 5             – Call airlines to give them our passport information
April 6                   - Attend Book Festival in St. Peter, Minnesota
By April 11           – Email two people questions asking about adoption for my book
By April 12           – Revise WSMA gmail accounts
By April 13           - Finish Doni’s Form Builder questions for WSMA
By April 14           – Have final power point for my talk on my book at WOWOF on April 24
By April 14           - Have cleaned out the spare bedroom to make ready for Val moving her stuff home
By April 15           - Finish Chapter 31 on my novel
April 18 – 20        - Attend the WSMA convention in Neenah
April 24, 6:30 pm - WOWOF presentation
By May 1              - Have moved Val’s stuff home (since she is going to be gone for 3 months, she is pretty sure she is not going to keep her apartment)
May 5 – 19          - Gone to Africa
By May 26           - Have gotten the garden ready to plant
By May 31           - Have run 3 miles to know if I will run in 5K on June 8
By June 1             - Have planted the garden
June 8                   - Run that 5K, if I am going to
By June 10           - Have made plans for our vacation in September (Wow, that sounds like a long ways away)

Woof-da. That’s all I have to say about that. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I am humbled by you. Great plans and goals - Amazing life.

    ReplyDelete