Can I give you my list of excuses for this week? On Monday, I worked until seven; on Tuesday, I had a meeting of our women’s group at church until almost nine; on Wednesday, I met with our Sunday School teacher to discuss our Christmas program; on Thursday, I went to a Pampered Chef party until eight; on Friday – my glorious day off – I took my mom shopping and to a doctor’s appointment in the city 40 miles away, came home dropped her off, picked up my kinship kid and took her back to the same city 40 miles away to buy her a dress for next Friday’s dance. Oh, but that was the highlight of my week, seeing that beautiful 15-year-old modeling the most beautiful dress. Don’t know why I didn’t get her picture. If she doesn’t send me a picture on Friday when she is all dressed, with hair and makeup, waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up, I will have to disown her.
|Bowling with the Kinskid a couple weeks ago. We have to savor every moment with our teen-agers before they are gone.|
So, here, instead of my list of accomplishments, is my list of failures this week.
I. READING –
A. Daily goal
1. Read two other blog posts a day. Yes.
2. Read in at least one of the many books I am reading. Yes.
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have finished reading five books. I finished reading “Out of Mormonism” bringing my total to three books this Round. I am almost done with “The Glass Castle” and have started reading “Tessa”.
A. Daily goal
1. Work on something for two hours a day. Nope, I didn’t come close on this one.
a. Work on “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”, the second book in the Bible Stories in 40 Days series. I didn’t even look at it.
b. Write on my novel. When is the last time I looked at my novel? Three or four months ago? I am so bad.
c. Write my blog posts. No, I didn’t even do this. I once again missed my Thursday post on my other blog. Argh. I need a swift kick in the back side.
B. Goals for the Round.
1. Have published “The Christmas Story in 40 Days”. I am still waiting for my supply of copies to sell, other than that I would say this is completed, since both the print book and the eBook are available on all the major websites.
2. Have finished the first draft of “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”. I don’t know about getting this done. I know I have plenty of time, just lacking the motivation.
3. Have finished my novel. Umm, no, see A1b above.
A. Weekly goal.
1. Have promoted either one of my books on one other site or in person. No, not really.
2. Comment on two other blog posts. Yes.
3. Research markets for an hour. NO.
4. Keep up on social media, responding to all messages. Yes.
5. Have contacted one organization about a speaking engagement. No.
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have submitted three pieces somewhere. Hmm? I don’t know if I can pull this off.
2. Have booked three speaking engagements or book signings. I know I won’t be able to pull this off.
1. Continue to run outside as weather permits or on the treadmill at least three times a week. I ran twice on the treadmill.
2. Continue exercising three times a week. I exercised three or four times.
1. Continue working on Tumaini Volunteers, Inc. Two developments here. One bad – the craft show we were going to have a table at yesterday was cancelled, so no income this week. One good – our website is up and running, no thanks to me, but I will take what I can get.
1. Finish three projects by the end of the year. Natta.
I need more goals like I need a hole in the head, but is it too late to add two more things to my list? I am fully entrenched in our church’s Christmas program, and my husband and I have gotten back to getting our emergency supplies together. Let me dwell on these for the week and see if I add them by next Sunday’s check-in. I will give you more details then if I add these.
Wish me luck this week! Sounds like I need it!