Sunday, June 21, 2015

I bid you adieu

Here we are at the end of another Round. I had been doing so well and thought I could really push myself this last week. Then this little guy slowed me down, not once but twice. 

He got fixed on Wednesday so I went with my daughter (his mommy) to pick him up and that just took a lot longer than expected. Then he came up yesterday to stay with his big brother Dino while his two-legged family went to a picnic. Between the picnic and playing with Buddy and Dino afterwards, there was no time left to work on goals.

•          Post to this blog twice, post to my other blog three times. Twice here and only twice on the Dino Chronicles.
•          Read eight blog posts, commenting on four of them. Read 8 and posted to 5!
•          Write five entries in “Early Ministry”. I wrote three. I only have two left! But I am just not finding any inspiration for them. I will have to wait for it, I guess.
•          Promote my writing on social media once a day. I only promoted three times. I started out good the first of the week and then just fell apart.
•          Promote our nonprofit on social media three times. I got this done, three things posted.
•          Submit a piece for publication somewhere. Nope.
•          Continue research on the new novel
1) finish bios for four of the main characters. Didn’t work on it, still at three.
2) finish reading and taking notes on the book from the library. Yup. Done.

Finally, my Goals for the Round:

·         Finish writing “The Early Ministry of Jesus in 40 Days” Have written 38 entries, which leaves two left. So close, but no cigar.    
·         Edit seven chapters of “Hope Through God’s Redemption” Have edited the four chapters I have from the author and since that is all I received, I have to call this goal accomplished.   
·         Submit four items for publication Have submitted three items.
·         Have worked up to running a full 5K As you know if you have been following this blog, this goal is a miserable failure. Between the bursitis in my hip and the tendinitis in my heel, I am still rather lame. Thursday night I tried running the length of my driveway, one-tenth of a mile, and could only go halfway without getting excruciating pain in my hip. And then I paid for that by having continuing pain all night. I must stick to walking I guess.


And with that I bid you adieu for this Round. The best thing about that is that I have not goals to contemplate until July 6. Hope to see you all then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment