Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A setback and forward progress

I am going to make this quick.

I’ve had another setback as my mom’s health has taken a sudden slide. We had her in the ER on Monday afternoon and had hoped that they would keep her overnight. She’s so weak, fatigued, confused, not eating, but her labs were all normal enough that they couldn’t justify admitting her (stupid insurance). So I didn’t get home until 6:30 Monday night, after making sure she was okay getting herself ready for bed. Then my cousin called at 7:30 worried about her because she picked up the phone when he called her, but then didn’t talk. So I ran back to her apartment, let myself in, and found her all tucked in bed, sound asleep.

Last night, I stopped to see her after work and sat with her again until she was ready to go to bed (this is after a nine-hour day on the day job of course.). I feel bad that tonight I didn’t stop because I worked until nearly 6:30.

I do have good things to say though too.

I’m up to page 100 on editing “Where the Sky Meets the Sand”, out of 280 pages. I am happy with that progress, considering how my week has been going.

I’m also holding off on getting back to my exercise regimen as my hubby got a book for Christmas called “Foundation . . .something, something”. It spells out an entire workout program geared to fixing bad backs. I want to start using those exercises and totally ditch the ones I’ve been doing for years. From what I’ve read so far, those exercises are no doubt making my back worse instead of better. 


Lastly, it’s a date this Saturday to make our plane reservations to Kenya in the spring. Yeah!

And another Christmas picture, as I haven't taken any others since then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment