I had hoped to come up with a more exciting list of goals, but here is the one I posted last week. Green highlights are ones which met the quota for the week, yellow highlights were at least worked on and red were a fail.
1) Finish writing my current novel, “The Big House”. I didn’t get any writing done on it, but since I haven’t worked on it in a while, I started rereading what I had written so far. So it was at least looked at.
2) Have “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” published. I hadn’t heard anything from my publisher since I bugged them a month ago saying “I haven’t heard anything”. They got back to me saying, “sorry, we will get that first round of edits to you in a few days.” I emailed them again this week saying their lack of communication is unacceptable. They emailed me right back, again, saying sorry, we will get back to you with those edits in a few days. I’m kind of at my wits end. I looked at my contract and there’s nothing in it which can get me out of it at this point. They have a year to publish the book, which is still nine months away. If I don’t hear by mid-week, I will email them again and just ask if I can cancel the contract as I feel they are dropping the ball. It’s not so much the delay right now, but if this is how they operate, I don’t want to continue a relationship with them. Sigh.
3) Continue posting to my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles” three times a week. Yes, complete.
4) Submit three pieces to various places for publication. Nothing, but hope to submit one poem this week and have another poem in mind.
5) Schedule a book signing. Nope, but did some research. Also, I shouldn’t pursue this right now until I have a better idea the future of the book.
6) Book a presentation either on my books or my trip to Kenya. Nope, same reason as #5.
7) Finalize return trip to Kenya with our nonprofit Tumaini Volunteers. Nope, didn’t work on the trip at all. Right now I am updating our 2016 donation list to start sending out 2016 donation letters to donors for income tax purposes.
8) Get my body in better shape than it is now. Didn’t eat much better, but did work out three mornings and three evenings. Finally some green.
You’ll notice some goals didn’t even get a color. Instead of being worked on, they were actually fretted over, so I couldn’t say they were a fail yet were not progressed on.
The one thing which took up a lot of time however was the sweaters which I put together for a Christmas party we went to last night. I was still finishing them as we were about to walk out the door, so they don’t have all the cute things on them that I had planned on. There’s always next year, I guess.
Plain sweaters from St Vinnie's. Mine was $3, Hubby's was on the clearance rack for $2.
All laid out, this was my goal for what they were going to look like.
Running out of time!
At the party.
Didn't get around to the snowman's hat or the jingle bells on the tree. Question - do I add them quick now or wait until I drag them out next year?