I gave it my best shot, but wasn’t able to do nearly as much as I wanted last week.
1) Start reading through “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” again.
Goal – 20 chapters. Actual – 10 chapters.
2) Clean off my dining room table, which looks like an episode of Hoarders.
Goal – clean half of it. Actual – cleaned all of it, but unfortunately, I moved most of it into the spare bedroom, so didn’t actually make much headway.
3) Get back on track blogging on The Dino Chronicles, as well as here.
Goal – post three times. Actual – Yes, yeah!
4) Set up a time table for my trip to Kenya in 31 days!
Goal – time line. Actual – not a genuine time line, but at least a to-do list.
5) Hem my daughter’s curtains.
Goal – finish one set. Actual – ¾ of the way done with one set, but need to power through it before morning as I need to take them to my daughter’s to see if they are the right length.
6) The other thing I need to do to get ready for that trip is get in shape.
Goal – Exercise three mornings and three evenings. Actual – Did two mornings and three evenings.
The thing is I worked 46 hours at the day job last week, which doesn’t leave much time or energy in the evenings. I did some house work on Friday afternoon and was going to get lots more done Saturday afternoon, but two of my former co-workers showed up, out of the blue. We had a good visit, though, and friends always trump goals.
Sunday we have a meeting of Tumaini Volunteers and it will probably take up most of the day. Next week looks like more hours on the day job, but I’m going to push through and try to get back on track with everything. I don’t think I’m going to do anything this week with Mom’s stuff. It is not going to go anywhere and I don’t need that spare room for anything else right now.
1) Finish editing the manuscript.
2) Post three times to the Dino Chronicles.
3) Hem another set of my daughter’s curtains
4) Finalize the list of things I need to go for the trip and when they need to be done by.
5) Exercise three mornings and four evenings for at least 15 minutes each. (Sometimes I do like 40 situps and a minute of planks and say that I worked out. I need to put forth a better effort.)
Other than that, I’m just going to focus on keeping my head above the water.
|The pile of stuff - doesn't look too bad in this picture.|