This past week was once again way too busy. It feels like the only thing I accomplished was my daily posts regarding mygivingstory, via social media and private message. (You have voted, right? And continue to vote every day?) I guess that’s why we keep a list to show that I did do something else.
If it is a goal which I accomplished, and it is done for the Round, I’ll highlight it in blue and then drop it off the list next time I post. If it is a goal which was accomplished this week, but I will do it all over again next week, I’ll highlight it in green and keep it on the list. The usual yellow highlight is goal at least worked on and red lettering is not even attempted, a complete fail. If there is no color at all, it’s a goal I just couldn’t work on for whatever lame reason. If new goals are added, they will be clearly marked as NEW GOAL.
1. Write three posts for my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”. Done.
2. Write a chapter on my new novel, “New Old Spies.” Nope, none.
3. Work on my book proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River”. I opened the file and read through it, also read through my chapter-by-chapter summary of the book. Didn’t do a whole lot with either one, but I think this should count for something.
1. Promote myself or a piece of my writing (whether it be promoting one of my books, submitting a piece somewhere, saying something brilliant about my writing on my social media, etc.). Had the book signing at the First Street Coffee Station. Sold only a few books but did meet some nice people.
2. Contact three businesses about doing book signings or speaking engagements. Nope, still none. I did get a few more ideas though.
3. Secure three book signings or speaking engagements. Nope, nadda.
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible. Now I am three days behind!
2. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”. Done.
3. Read five other people’s blog posts and comment on two of them. Read four other blogs and commented on two. I just don’t seem to quite make this goal, do I?
4. Read half of “The Great Alone.” Finished it yesterday morning, in bed, instead of getting up and doing something more productive.
a. Increase my water intake, averaging 60 ounces per day. I think I actually drank enough at least a couple days.
b. Exercise five mornings a week and three evenings. It was only four mornings and two evenings. Again.
2. Home fires
a. Scan 20 old pictures. I didn’t count but am pretty sure I did scan at least close to 20.
b. Clean the linen closet in the bathroom, in anticipation of ripping up the bathroom floor. Nope, but we did lay almost all of the new bathroom floor, so I’m gonna totally count this.
a. Promote TV on all of our social media. This is actually what has taken up what feels like my every waking moment. I’ve been promoting our mygivingstory on all of our social media at least a couple times per day. Keep voting for us!.
b. Work on the Policy and Procedure Manual. Nope, did not look at it.
c. Mail out letters to our previous donors, asking for donations to our upcoming project. Done. As I write this, my daughter is working on sending out email letters.
Thanksgiving dinner will be at my house on Thursday. Then Friday and Saturday I am going out of town with a friend. Umm, will be at church both Monday and Tuesday nights. I don’t work on Wednesday but will be cleaning house most of the day. Yikes! I guess it’s getting to be that time of year.
Are you finding that as the days keep getting shorter, they really are getting shorter? As in, who has time to get anything done!?