Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Prepare to be impressed!

OK, got some work done. Finally!

I. READING –
A. Daily goal
1. Read two other blog posts a day. Ah, close, at least one blog a day.
2. Read in at least one of the three books I am reading.  Yes, pretty much did this.
B. Weekly goal
1. Do research on my novel. Not really.
2. Start research for my next novel. Ah, no.
C. Goals for the Round
1. Have finished reading five books. I did finish reading one book. I still need to write a review of it.  
II. WRITING
A. Daily goal
1. Work on something for two hours a day. Had to be at least one hour.
a. Write on my novel. Yes, finally!
b. Write my blog posts. Yes, on schedule.
c. Work on paperwork for the nonprofit organization. Did some. The daughter comes home tomorrow, then this will kick into high gear.
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have finished my novel. Hey, I still have lots of time, right?
2. Have finished all of the paperwork for the nonprofit.
III. REACHING
A. Weekly goal
1. Comment on two other blog posts. I sure did this.  
2. Research markets for an hour.  Hey, I did this too. The Chicken Soup for the Soul series has some books coming up that I could submit to.
3. Keep up on social media, spending not more than a few hours a week on it. I’ve kind of lost interest here.  
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have submitted three pieces somewhere.
2. Book signing at a local library.
3. Have survived my speaking engagements at two writers’ conferences.
IV. PERSONAL (goals by the end of the round)
A. Running
1. Have run in the 5K on July 4. Done.
2. Continue running a few times a week just to improve my time and stay in shape. I haven’t gotten back up to three miles since the 5K, but am doing one mile a couple times a week.
3. Maybe run another 5K if I find a convenient one.  Not looking good.
B. Family
1. Have settled my mom into better housing. My husband brought home one of Mom’s dressers today, if that is any indication this is progressing.     
2. Have planned that vacation with Hubby in September. I did some research and have presented some options to Hubby. We will see what he picks.  
C. Nonprofit
1. Have submitted all of the required paperwork. This will get going as soon as my daughter gets home.
2. By September 20, have become a 401(c)3 nonprofit organization.


I’m kind of impressed. Now to have a restful evening, coz I have to pick up that daughter at the airport tomorrow! I can’t wait for her to be home. 
Whenever I get down on myself, all I have to think of is this beautiful girl that is a part of my life. 

2 comments: