Sunday, October 20, 2013

Plowing Ahead

I. READING –
A. Daily goal
1. Read two other blog posts a day. Yes.       
2. Read in at least one of the many books I am reading. Yes.     
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have finished reading five books. Ok, I have finished reading two, “A Beggars Purse” by Toni Nelson and “The Secret Holocaust Diaries” by Nonna Bannister. I have also started reading another book, so as usual I have four of them going at one time.

II. WRITING
A. Daily goal
1. Work on something for two hours a day. No, not every day. 
a. Work on “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”, the second book in the Bible Stories in 40 Days series. I worked on it for a couple hours yesterday. It is about half written.                          
a. Write on my novel. I am trying to decide if I want to tackle this during NaNoWriMo in November. I probably could finish it then if I just made the commitment.  
b. Write my blog posts. Buggers, I didn’t do my Thursday blog this week. I had a lot of late nights and early mornings at work this week and it seemed like I didn’t do much at home but crawl in bed each night .
B. Goals for the Round. We have a long ways to go yet.
            1. Have published “The Christmas Story in 40 Days”.
2. Have finished the first draft of “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”.
3. Have finished my novel.

III. REACHING
A.      Weekly goal.
1. Have promoted either one of my books on one other site. Since my book trailer came out for “A Time for Every Purpose Under Heaven”, I have been posting that wherever I can, so that should surely count for something.
2. Comment on two other blog posts. I think I did this.
3. Research markets for an hour.  Umm, no.
4. Keep up on social media, responding to all messages.  I think so.
5. Have contacted one organization about a speaking engagement. I know I did not.
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have submitted three pieces somewhere.
2. Have booked three speaking engagements or book signings.


IV. PERSONAL
A. Exercise
1. Continue to run outside as weather permits or on the treadmill at least three times a week. Since my back went out last week, I haven’t done anything physical that I didn’t have to absolutely do.
2. Continue exercising three times a week. Not this week. 
B. Nonprofit
1. Continue working on Tumaini Volunteers, Inc. Friday afternoon, my daughter and I met with her best friend from high school. I teared up seeing them together; it was just like old times. When did they both grow up? Anyway, Katie has been working for a huge nonprofit, so had lots of thoughts and insights to share with us. She feels we are on the right track. She is moving out of town next week, but we hope to stay in touch by internet.  
                C. Sewing
1. Finish three projects by the end of the year. I just added this one this week, right after I finished sewing a work top for myself, so I am counting that as one of the three projects. 

2 comments:

  1. Hope your back feels better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The back is much better, thanks, but now I just need to get rid of the headache that I have had for three days!!

      Delete