Here we are already one week into Round 3. These weeks go by so fast. But as I think I mentioned (or at least thought) somewhere else, the more goals a person has, the easier it is to say – “ha, I didn’t achieve these other seventeen goals, but I did achieve this One right here!”
May your week be filled with many check marks on your list of goals.
A. Weekly goal
1. Read my assigned blog posts as a ROW80 sponsor. I am still getting going on this, but I think I did hit my mark.
2. Read ten hours a week in one of the books I am reading. I don’t know why I set a number of hours here, I think it is so I have something concrete to shoot for. I’m thinking two hours a day over five days. In reality, I have no clue, but I know I read a lot.
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have finished reading five books. OK, like this isn’t even close yet.
A. Weekly goal
1. Finish writing those last three chapters in my novel, “Tale of an American Woman”. Still not finished, but I did write another chapter. I also did some research. Even though the bulk is written, I still have research to get done, which of course could cause some major revisions, but sometimes I just rather work backwards.
2. Edit “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”, the second book in the Bible Stories in 40 Days series. Haven’t started yet.
3. Write two blog posts here and three posts to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles. Yes, I did this.
B. Goals for the Round.
1. Have finished the first round of edits for “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”. No.
2. Start editing my novel. I should finish writing the rough draft first. Duh.
A. Weekly goal.
1. Promote either one of my books on one other site or in person. Ummm, I’m trying to think and I think my answer is “no”.
2. Comment on my assigned blogs for ROW80. Yes, I think I did all of them.
3. Research markets for an hour. Not, an hour maybe, but I did find a market for one of my pieces, which I hope to send out this week.
4. Walk several streets of town, taking pictures and blogging about it. Yes, two days in fact. I walked Wednesday night and wrote about it for Thursday’s blog. Then on Friday I spent an hour at our town’s historical museum and another hour walking the streets.
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have submitted three pieces somewhere. I actually did submit a poem to Wilda Morris’s Monthly Poetry Challenge. What a great start to the Round!
2. Have sent a copy of “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days” to my clergy-friends for their input. Um, no.
3. Have finished walking every street in my town. Let me think what kind of percentage I can tell you? I am half-way done with the streets in the main part of town, but still have a lot of the more outlaying streets to walk.
I've walked the streets marked in green.
A. Get in Shape
1. Continue exercising four times a week and running three times a week. I ran twice this week and exercised, I think, four times.
2. Keep off that five pounds I worked so hard to lose. I feel so hungry all the time. I know that is just me being crazy. I am seriously not on any kind of diet, but just trying to cut back on the snacks. If you have ever seen me, you are probably thinking “why is she even worried about her weight?” But I think this is the key – if you don’t gain weight then you don’t have to lose it. Doesn’t that make sense? So everybody should be checking their weight at least a couple times a week, and if that scale starts telling you something you don’t want to know – nip it, nip it, nip it!
B. Nonprofit – Tumaini Volunteers
1. Host another picnic or other friend-raiser. Nothing yet. Everyone is so busy.
2. Attend a craft show to sell our Kenyan crafts. Nothing yet, but we are looking into setting up at a flea market in town for one weekend.