Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wednesday check-in already?

I am going to make this a quick post, since honestly, not much has happened since Monday. I didn't go into work until noon today, so I did write a chapter on my novel. I'm hoping at least it will be a novel, but as statistics go, right now it appears it will end up novella-length. I'm not going to worry about it though right now. I also just came from our local writers group. We started the group not even a year ago. As with anything just getting going, there have been lots of ebbs and flows. Tonight, for me, was a low tide. It's a long story, and complicated, and now that I wrote even that much, I have to hope that none of the writers from the group read this...

But, in just a few weeks, I get to go here -
- my favorite place in the entire universe. The best place for me to find inspiration. 

Hopefully I will have more to say at Sunday's checkin. 

4 comments:

  1. Novellas are wonderful! And these days, with e-books, there's a market for them. If that's what fits your book best, so be it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it is true, I will just have to wait and see how the book turns out.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry writing group was less than stellar this week.

    But you wrote a chapter! That's nothing to sneeze at!

    I aim for novel-length, and my fist drafts are almost always significantly longer than that. I wonder if there's a bank somewhere for words counts. I could stash my extras there, and you could see if any fit your needs...

    Okay, it's late (early, really, since I've been up all night) and my head hurts. It's possible I'm not making very much sense.

    May your week brighten with anticipation of that beautiful place that's waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea on the word bank. Let me know next time you make a deposit!

      Delete