Sunday, July 20, 2014

What's UP for you today?

I don’t have anything exciting to add this week. My big, unwritten goal was to clean the camper and get it ready for camping. Got that done! Yeah, it looks like a brand-new pop-up. No, not really. It is older than dirt, but as long as it gets us there and keeps us dry and relatively warm. Dino, the wonder dog, was adorable as usual, so excited to get to go camping, yet nervous coz he has no concept about waiting a few more days.

Anyway, here is how I did with the written goals.

I. READING
A. Weekly goal
1. Read my assigned blog posts as a ROW80 sponsor.  I believe I did this.
2. Read ten hours a week in one of the books I am reading.  I’m over half-way done with Beth Camp’s “Years of Stone” – love it as much as the first one. I’m also almost half-way through “God Called – He wants your answer”.
B. Goals for the Round                           
1. Have finished reading five books.  OK, not yet.  

II. WRITING
A. Weekly goal
1. Finish writing those last three chapters in my novel, “Tale of an American Woman”. Nuts, I don’t think I worked on it at all. Where did the week go?
2. Edit “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”, the second book in the Bible Stories in 40 Days series. Haven’t started yet.
3. Write two blog posts here and three posts to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles. Yes, I did this.
B. Goals for the Round.  
1. Have finished the first round of edits for “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days”. No.
2. Start editing my novel.   No.

III. REACHING
A.      Weekly goal.
1. Promote either one of my books on one other site or in person.  I signed up for yet another social media venue – Library Thing. I don’t know. Probably a waste of time. Let me check it out some more. 
2. Comment on my assigned blogs for ROW80. Yes, I think so.  
3. Research markets for an hour. Umm, no.
4. Walk several streets of town, taking pictures and blogging about it.  Well, I am turning last week’s visit to the historical museum into two blog posts. It is just too bad if anybody thinks I am cheating. Sometimes a person has to make up their own rules as they go along.   
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have submitted three pieces somewhere. Still at one submission.
2. Have sent a copy of “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days” to my clergy-friends for their input. I really want to edit this thing at least once before I send it anywhere.  

IV. PERSONAL
A.      Get in Shape
1.       Continue exercising four times a week and running three times a week. If you read my post from Wednesday, you may recall that I was down with an affliction most of the week – hey, maybe that’s why I didn’t get any other goals done. But my affliction really did a number on my physical activity. I think I ran twice but not even a mile either time and exercised maybe three times.  
2.       Keep off that five pounds I worked so hard to lose. The affliction caused me to gain four pounds. You can imagine how excited I was about that.
B. Nonprofit – Tumaini Volunteers
1. Host another picnic or other friend-raiser. Meeting about this tonight.  
2. Attend a craft show to sell our Kenyan crafts. Meeting about this tonight.
C. Church -- Our college kids will be leaving for school before you know it, get them all mentors. I did submit an article for our church’s newsletter, so I got a start. 
March - where's my camper?
April - there's my camper 
June - look how pretty the camper looks in green grass
July - maybe the camper isn't so pretty now, but she's up!That's all any of us can say sometimes.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, campering! That can be SOOO much fun! If I were Dino, I'd be excited, too! :-D The camper looks good, and your progress looks very good, especially considering your recent affliction. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever we are working on the camper, Dino is stuck to it like glue. He does not want to be left behind. I do hope to get some writing done while sitting inside the camper in the evenings.

      Delete
  2. Omg, what a coincidence! My husband and I just bought a pop-up camper and just took our first trip with it (camping in a nearby campground). She's 30+ years old, but in beautiful condition. I am SO happy to not be tenting it anymore!

    As for goals...you did well. I believe *any* progress, big or small, is wonderful. As long as you keep moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to tent with my sisters. That was a lot of fun, but if the weather was inclement, we were pretty much screwed. One night we ended up sleeping in the back of my sister's SUV the weather was so bad.

      Delete
  3. Some hits and misses here, but it looks like you had some other things to take care of. This post just makes me want to go camping really badly, lol. Nice work on the camper. I need a good camping/writing retreat in my future...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope to get some writing done while away this week. We will see.

      Delete