Are you sure this is right? Is it really Sunday again, already, and once again I didn’t post on Wednesday? I really think that I have been living in some kind of time warp. I absolutely positively cannot believe that I have been getting absolutely positively nothing done! Arrggh! I am so frustrated with myself! I keep thinking this madness is going to end and I am going to get back on track, and then I look at the calendar and – arrggh! – another entire week has passed!!
So what have I done this week?
1) Publish “The Early Life of Jesus in 40 Days” On Tuesday I got the latest round of edits back from my publisher. I read through the entire manuscript (which is only 10,000 words, so don’t feel sorry for me) that night and sent it back, having found only two typos. The next day my publisher emailed me back that they found and fixed the typos and that the manuscript is off to the layout people. I should get the final proof this week. After that is ok’ed we can proceed to printing. Or we could, except that I haven’t ok’ed the final proof of the cover. It seems so close, and yet so far away.
I also sent my publisher twelve quotes which I pulled from the manuscript to be used in promoting the book. Which means that my original list of ten things to do is now complete.
1) Submit three pieces somewhere. Let’s just say “no”. I don’t know where I am at anymore. But I think it is still at two legitimate pieces. The book where I log in all my submissions is like an arm’s length away and I am too lazy to even reach over and check it.
2) Finish the novel No, I opened the file and then apparently closed it again without doing a thing.
3) Start my third devotional, with a tentative title of "The Early Ministry of Jesus in 40 Days". Hmm? Another manuscript which I opened , glanced at and then closed without having accomplished anything.
4) Christmas program at church. Didn’t do a thing.
To my credit, we had a major snowstorm Monday and Tuesday. Again with the time warp, because it feels like it was weeks ago and that we have been buried in snow for months. I am already ready for Spring. I think the sudden descent into Winter has sucked out of me what little ambition I did have.
Wish me luck this week and especially the week after. I have the week of Thanksgiving off from the day job, and though I have a list of things to do around the house, I hope to find time to write. BICFOK (butt in chair, fingers on keyboard)
|My yard outside my office window last Sunday.|
|The view outside my window on Wednesday morning and ever since.|