Sunday, January 11, 2015

Finally my concrete goals

I really haven’t pin-pointed my specific goals for this Round, so I think it is time I do that.

WRITING GOALS for the ROUND
·         Finish writing “The Early Ministry of Jesus in 40 Days” – Since I posted last, I have only written two entries. I will get it together.
·         Edit 20 chapters of “Tale of an American Woman” – I actually edited four chapters the other night.
·         Submit three items for publication – I was just now looking at my options. I don’t seem to have anything written which is screaming, “pick me, pick me”. So I think I am going to have to write something new, which takes time, coz it has to ferment after it is written and can’t just be sent off to the vultures as soon as it is given life. But I did research a list of markets and possible themes. I’ll work on this.

I think that for the other areas (reading, marketing, personal life), I am only going to chart weekly goals. I want to have things close at hand instead of always looking to the horizon. Also, life has gotten in the way quite a bit the last few months, so I want to see what is in front of me each week so that I can pace myself better.

So here we go. In the coming week I wish to accomplish:
·         Continue to blog daily to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles, to fulfill the Ultimate Blog Challenge.
·         Read five other blogs, commenting on three of them.
·         Read 35 pages of “Kisses From Katie”. (Doesn’t seem like much, but this book for some reason is dragging for me. )
·         Start a short story for submission.
·         Write five entries in “The Early Ministry of Jesus”.
·         Edit four chapters in “Tale of an American Woman”.
·         Run on the treadmill three times this week.
 I think that’s enough for starters. Let’s see how quickly I peter out. 
This picture is part of the inspiration for my novel, "Tale of an American Woman". Perhaps it all makes more sense if I tell you the original title was "Tale of an African Boy". What happened after that is just too long a story to tell here. 

6 comments:

  1. With your submissions: You could always pick one of the stories you have and tell it "You're going first!" Kind of like the Army, where the sergeant picks the volunteers.

    Good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, John, but I hate sending any of my babies to the front lines until they are ready. Perhaps my stories just need more training, maybe target practice. :)

      Delete
  2. *chuckling at target practice for stories!*

    It sounds like you've got things in hand, and are ready to tackle those goals. I always find that it takes a bit to find my focus and my stride...

    Best of luck with this round!

    ReplyDelete