How did I do on my goals from last week?
• Post to this blog twice, post to my other blog three times. Accomplished.
• Read six blog posts, commenting on three of them. Read seven blogs and commented on three.
• Write two entries in “Early Ministry”. Nope.
• Edit one chapter in “Hope”. I can’t say I actually edited it, but I did format it from the file the author sent me, so I am saying goal accomplished, as I at least did something.
• Promote on each of my social media sites. I am still trying to figure out how to accomplish this. I used to be all over all of my social media, but just don’t even know what to post anymore. I think it is more that I got burned out on Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest – or maybe not so much burned out, more like “how did I let myself get sucked into this, now I am just wasting time”. I have been using HootSuite to post all of my blog posts from The Dino Chronicles on each of my social media, but HootSuite changed something (or it could be me) and I’m not able to schedule my posts as easily as I used to.
• Submit a piece. Nope.
• Run three times. Only ran twice. I kind of ran out of time this week. I did walk at least three, maybe four miles, yesterday, up and down stairs to four different waterfalls with the hubby and the dog in tow. That should count for something. The only time I could have run a third time was after getting home from that ride, and I really didn’t think my legs would hold up. Right now I am looking out my window at imminent rain, wandering if I will have to resort to the treadmill today.
Unfortunately, the coming week promises more distractions to prevent me from being productive. I work until seven again on Monday, I have a meeting after work Tuesday from which I won’t get home until close to eight, I leave right after work Thursday for a convention out of town, at which I will get very little done. That leaves Wednesday night. Not much time.
This is still what I hope to get done this week:
* Submit two poems to a contest, the deadline of which is Wednesday. I have to do this today!
* Post to this blog twice, post to my other blog three times.
* Read six blog posts, commenting on three of them.
* Write one entry in “Early Ministry”.
* Actually edit one chapter in “Hope”.
* Run twice.
To help me keep my focus, here are my WRITING GOALS for the ROUND:
· Finish writing “The Early Ministry of Jesus in 40 Days”
· Edit seven chapters of “Hope Through God’s Redemption”
· Submit four items for publication
· Have worked up to running a full 5K
And Spring is in the air. There is yard work to do, a trip to Texas this summer to finalize, my daughter’s wedding in August to plan, a trip to Kenya in October to decide on or not. Yep, not much on my calendar! How about yours?
Some of the stairs we walked up and down yesterday. When the sign says "1/2 mile" but it is all straight down and you need to go back up, I think that counts as more mileage.