Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy VD

Happy Valentine’s Day to all those who believe in such holidays. I view holidays like this, along with Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, etc., as a way for greeting card companies and flower-sellers to make an extra buck. I guess we should support certain businesses, so if you feel compelled (or know you will be in the doghouse for ignoring these holidays) at least buy your cards and flowers from local businesses which support the local economy and the small business owner. Ok, that’s my plug for the day.

What did the past week look like for me?

1) Finish my power-point presentation for the medical people – really close
2) Write 1,000 words on the second memoir – not quite, but really close!
3) Blog twice here and three times on the Dino Chronicles no. Can you believe it? I just broke down this week, I don’t know what I did all week, but I only blogged here once and twice on the Dino Chronicles.
4) Promote my books on social media once - yes
5) Update the Gofundme campaign for the nonprofit’s trip to Kenya in the spring - yes
6) Send out five letters or e-letters to prospective donors for our trip in thespring yes, I lose track, but I know there were five, and maybe even six.
7) Walk/run on the treadmill three times for 20 minutes each day - yes
8) Decide what I am going to do for Lent, as in give up something or do something more inspired – still not so inspired, have been reading the Bible on my Kindle though, so have been reading it more frequently as it is easier to carry around. Other than that, I got nothing, Lord, sorry.  
9) Read six other ROW80 blogs and comment on three of them – read 4 and commented on 3

Though the list above doesn’t look too bleak – there is a reasonable amount of green and yellow – there’s a whole list of secret goals (ie sewing, cleaning, work projects, etc.) that are making me feel like I am spinning my wheels. I know there are only so many hours in the day and I shouldn’t beat myself up. I just wanted to get one thing at a time finished, but my mind keeps wandering off and my body keeps wandering into the kitchen for chocolate! (Oh, yea, see, I should add chocolate to the VD gifts listed above.)

Okay so what about this week?

1) Finish my power-point presentation for the medical people, and present it at a meeting on Tuesday night, so I really need to finish it! Today!
2) Write 1,000 words on the second memoir
3) Blog twice here and three times on the Dino Chronicles
4) Read six ROW80 blogs and comment on three of them
5) Promote my books on social media once
6) Send out three letters or e-letters to prospective donors for our trip in the spring. Maybe send reminders to the five people who said they would be happy to make a donation. We still need to raise close to two thousand dollars. My daughter is starting to panic. They leave in just over six weeks.
7) Walk/run on the treadmill three times for 20 minutes each day
8) Find something inspirational this week – I need to include this here as I keep forgetting about it. I don’t remember anything last week which fit the bill, but I need to be more cognizant.

Bleah! Time to get it together.

Oh, hold it, here’s something inspirational.
When I was getting ready for work Saturday morning, I looked out my dining room window to see these two beauties. They look well fed. Or are they just fluffy from the cold? 

5 comments:

  1. Inspirational progress once again! I haven't even written my ROW80 check-in yet, but I love your comment about VD not being a day to buy-buy-buy. We're doing something different as sister-in-law is visiting. Her tradition is to cook an 'all red' meal. Last night we picked up a heart-shaped chocolate cake with strawberries from a local restaurant. May I suggest raspberry chocolates? Also, it's 78 here, sunny, palm trees. I loved that reminder of snow up north! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth, for the support, but no thanks for rubbing it in that I have to deal with the cold and you don't!

      Delete
  2. The deer are beautiful! Love the snow. Some weeks, any progress is worth celebrating because the are hard won. It looks like you have made a dent in your list. Most of these "minor" holidays are a bit suspect. But I enjoy them because they are an excuse to be with family and spoil a special person. I have to admit, the companies don't get much money from me. We try to spend those days doing something fun that person wants to do. On Mother's Day we spend the day at the beach. As always, chocolate is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw these two in the morning, but five more came through the yard late in the day. I feel blessed to live where I do, even if I hate the cold.

      Delete
  3. I think you accomplished a lot and I'm impressed. I am excited to see an update on your trip and hope it goes well. When my mind starts reeling and I can't focus I open up an Evernote and start a list. Title it with the date and tag it with TO DO. I come back to it once I am done with the task I was trying to focus on. With this strategy I feel like I am not ignoring it and I don't keep going over things worrying about trying not to forget them. Good luck from a ROW80 blog hopping friend.

    ReplyDelete