Here we are, writing another Sunday check-in, with some great goals accomplished and a few floundering like a fish out of the tank.
1) Finish my power-point presentation for the medical people, and present it at a meeting on Tuesday night. Done. I think I mentioned at my midweek check-in, that the presentation went well, though poorly attended, but it still merited the inspirational item of the week (see #8).
2) Write 1,000 words on the second memoir – not a single word, didn’t even look at it.
3) Blog twice here and three times on the Dino Chronicles – blogged here on schedule, but only twice on the Dino Chronicles.
4) Read six ROW80 blogs and comment on three of them –Yup, right on track.
5) Promote my books on social media once – Yes, actually twice even.
6) Send out three letters or e-letters to prospective donors for our trip in the spring – sent out four e-messages. Did get two donations, one completely unsolicited, so that made me happy, but we are still something like $1200 short.
7) Walk/run on the treadmill three times for 20 minutes each day – only did it twice
8) Find something inspirational this week – The day after my presentation Tuesday night, I received a beautiful thank you from one of the participants. She wrote, “Your presentation last night had every person fully involved, absorbing every bit. I have never been so interested by information in a CEU course ever before… Your personality and passion for the topic were what brought your presentation together. I can’t thank you enough.” Isn’t she a sweetheart? Something to keep me going.
What have I got to do this week:
1) Run through my power-point presentation a few more times as I am giving it again on Saturday for a group of CMAs from around the state, over a hundred people.
2) Write 1,000 words on the second memoir. I really need to get this done in the next month or so because then I will put it away to ferment while I edit my novel one more time.
3) Blog twice here and three times on the Dino Chronicles
4) Read six ROW80 blogs and comment on three of them
5) Promote my books on social media once
6) Send out five letters (because I came up with five more prospective donors) asking for donations for our trip in the spring.
7) Walk/run on the treadmill three times for 20 minutes each day
8) Find something inspirational this week
9) Submit a piece somewhere, because it is almost the end of the month and to stay on track for submitting 12 in the year, I need to do one a month.
Nothing is as inspiring to me as Lake Superior.
What inspires you?