Sunday, March 20, 2016

rumor has it...

Rumor has it that this is the last Sunday check-in for this Round. Wow, where does the time go? And since it is only the 20th, does that mean I get a reprieve for a couple weeks before plowing into the next Round?

1) Finish the new power-point presentation, “Kenya for Kids” and present it at the Assisted Living place. Done.
2) Write 1,000 words on the second memoir. Nope, didn’t even look at it.
3) Start the new novel. I think this week I want to write bios on my three main characters. Started working on two of these bios.
4) Blog twice here and three times on the Dino Chronicles. I didn’t even get this done, skipping one of the posts on the Dino Chronicles.
5) Read eight ROW80 blogs and comment on four of them. I think I read six and commented on four, so close.
6) Update my author website. Yes, holy cow, I actually did something this week.
7) Meet with the president (my daughter) and the treasurer of our nonprofit and see where we are financially for the trip coming up in just a few weeks. Met with them and discussed finances. We set up a new Schwan’s Cares campaign. Are still about $800 short of our goal for the trip, which is in a week and a half!  
8) Walk/run three times for 20 minutes each day. Only ran on the treadmill twice.
9) Find something inspirational this week. Nothing jumps out at me.
(See me in the middle?)

 I guess all I can say I accomplished last week was the presentation at the Assisted Living Home, which went okay. The projector I had borrowed was kind of sucky though, so the residents couldn’t see the pictures very well. But they did ask lots of questions and I feel bad that I had to run out on them because I had to get back to work (even though I had asked for the day off, long story).

(My first ever quilt, as small as it is.)

I also, as you know from Wednesday’s post, finished the mini-quilt I had started months ago.

Let’s see what I can get done this week.

1) Write 1,000 words on the second memoir. I’m going to get this done by the end of the month so that I can start my new novel in April.
2) Work on the bios for my three main characters in my new novel. Get ready for CampNaNoWri starting the first of April.   
3) Blog twice here and three times on the Dino Chronicles. Actually I hope to blog more on the Dino Chronicles, as it is Holy Week and I usually post more times, following the last days of Jesus.
4) Read four ROW80 blogs and comment on them all. .
5) Walk/run three times for 20 minutes each day and do upper body exercises three times.
6) Sew my new Easter scrub top for work, coz – um – I need to wear it this week yet, don’t you think?
7) Find something inspirational this week.   

That’s kind of a short list. I should be able to get that done, don’t you think. How about you? Are you close to reaching your goals for the Round? 

5 comments:

  1. I'm getting there, slowly but surely!

    You still got things done, including your presentation, so I call that a win! Lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say slow and steady wins the race. But sometimes, we just want to see green on all our goals - right now!

      Delete
  2. I'm reaching most of my goals. I love the little quilt. Before my sewing room became my daughter's bedroom, I loved to quilt. Now I love the idea of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a fabric addiction. The closet in my son's old bedroom is filled with totes of fabric that I had big plans for. I can send some your way if you need something to start with . . .

      Delete
  3. Every little bit counts! :)

    Love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete