Sunday, November 12, 2017

A Colorful Post

As you know if you read my post on Wednesday, I started a new work-in-progress Tuesday morning. I’ve written 4,703 words on it since then. That is certainly not a bad thing, but kept me from staying on task as much as I had hoped. Looking over my goals for last week, however, somehow, I did pretty darn good.

(Green highlight is “I rocked that goal!”, Yellow highlight is “I gave it a shot”, and red lettering is “I just ran out of time!”)

1)    Promote the new book, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” five times.
a.     Posted the back cover of the novel on my social media.
b.     Created a Facebook event for my book signing on the 18th.
c.      Contacted my publisher’s media person and gave her the names of five more area book stores I would be able to visit.
d.     Updated my Facebook cover photo with all four of my books.
2) Work on the study guide for “A Time for Every Purpose Under Heaven”, which I had started in September. Na-da, but that’s coz I started a whole different story. (Which I thought deserved its own separate color.)
3) Update my website.  A very little update, but hey, I did something on it.
4) Post three times to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles. Done.
5) Read four other blogs and comment on three of them. Read five and commented on three (I think).
6) Non-writing things to do:
a. Scan a dozen of my mom’s old pictures into the computer. Actually, I fell down the rabbit hole of looking at my old pictures, but I did scan 20 of them.
b. Get another box of stuff out of that spare bedroom and take it to the second-hand store. Not a second box, but at least I took that first one to Goodwill.
c. Post things to sell on Craig’s List.  Posted four items on Facebook’s Marketplace and got rid of two chairs!
d. Do three things for the nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers.
            1] Created a Facebook event for craft show on the 18th.
2] I set out all of the merchandise I have that’s for sale, as my son wanted to re-inventory it in QuickBooks, but he never made it to my house yesterday. Hopefully will do that today.
Bonus Points: I sewed a skirt yesterday. (Am I overboard with the color highlights?)

This week I have two combined sales (my books and the nonprofit) on Wednesday and Saturday. We also have a new schedule at church, so services are Monday night now instead of Saturday night (along with Sunday morning, which I never even try to make coz I am usually on the computer all Sunday morning), so, I should get to church Monday night. Tuesday night I’m going to an essential oil party. Wednesday night I have a meeting at church. I think that’s enough!

Yet I’m going to do all this as well:
1)    Promote the new book, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” five times.
a.     Attend the book signing Wednesday.
b.     Attend the book signing Saturday.
2) Write 3,000 words on the new WIP, “Now For Something Totally Different”.  
3) Post three times to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles.
4) Read five other blogs and comment on three of them.
5) Non-writing things to do:
a. Scan a dozen of my mom’s old pictures into the computer.
b. Do four things for the nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers.
1] Repack all the Kenyan merchandise, re-inventorying it as I go. 
2] Attend the craft sale on Wednesday.
3] Attend the craft sale on Saturday. 
The first wrap skirt that I've sewn.
Even without a pattern it was super simple and I love how it turned out. 

3 comments:

  1. Good progress and yay for starting a new story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHH, I really love that skirt,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on wearing the skirt next saturday, so you'll get to see it then.

      Delete