Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Asking for some help

I don’t have an update to post today; am just looking for help in making a decision.

Now that my second novel is finished, I really need to decide on a title for it. The setting is a huge old house (which was most recently a monastery) next to a river. Just like in my newly released novel, the setting is a major factor. The reader is reminded in nearly every scene of where they are. Even more so than the first book, this one revolves around that setting. Granted a real-life drama inspired this story, but it was that big old house that triggered my imagination.  

I’d ideally like “river” and “house” in the title. Unfortunately, nearly everything I’ve come up with which include those two words has already been done. Also, even though I looked up the title “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” on Amazon before I committed to it, I didn’t do a google search until it was too late. Apparently, there is an entire Arabian television series by that title. So not only have I been checking the title of books, but the titles of movies and TV shows as well.

Here are the names which I’ve come up with which I haven’t found anywhere else.

The River Beyond the House
The Place Along the River
What cometh down yon River
The House Beside the River
Where the House Sits
Where the River Flows
Where the River Always Runs
What the River Said
What Lies Beyond the River

Do any of these grab anybody? 
I was looking for a line within the book which used one of these phrases and I found one. Can you guess which it is?  


6 comments:

  1. I sort of like a version of "What the River Said"....but not quite that....more like....The River's Voice or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where the River Flows. Or As the River Flows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming Home to River House . . . at least that's what the picture inspires. What was that quote you found???? That right title will come to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like "What Lies Beyond the River" because it sounds very intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sort of like, river flows or speaks, both need re-jigging a bit i think but like the ideas in both:) - but does it tie in with the book?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the thoughts. I like something about what the river said. One of the themes is finding the truth, so maybe something about the river telling the truth, or like "The Truth in the River". I'm sure I'll come up with something witty.

    ReplyDelete