Wednesday, November 8, 2017

when i spring out of bed

I woke up from another vivid dream the other morning. This one supplied me with several scenes and a premise. It’s not enough for a novel, but I can picture it as a novella and actually have two other stories in mind with a similar theme – strength in marriage when the odds are stacked against you, or something like that.

So I sprang out of bed yesterday morning and wrote close to 400 words, adding another thousand last night. Coz I just don’t have enough going on.

1)    First novel, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand”, released two months ago. I have two book signings for it coming up next week, but need to continue to promote it online and where ever else I can.
2)    Second novel, “The Truth Beyond the River” (or something, still not sure about the title). Finished the rough draft a few weeks ago. Will give it til maybe the first of December and then start editing it. Hope to start looking for a publisher (or even an agent) for it by maybe February.
3)    Latest work. A book of three novellas. I’m calling it “Now for something totally different” for now, as the feel of it is different from other things I’ve written. Not as heavy on the Christian theme, the characters even have some questionable morals. Of course, they are good people in the end, but – yea – we’ll see. 
4)    The memoir of my second and third trips to Kenya. That’s kinda passed the mellowing stage and is just plain fermenting.
5)    The study guide for my first memoir. I really want to throw that together. I know that it won’t make any money, so I may just make it available for free to anyone who wants it, but I still want to finish it.
6)    I have three more ideas for novels. Argh! Along with my sister’s story. And I’m sure there’s something else.

Anyway, just wanted to share that with you! Time to get back to work.  
From August of 1979, I would have been 17. It's my "take a picture of me and you die" look.
Or my "leave me alone, I have books to write" look. 

3 comments:

  1. I love stories that just pop into your head and demand to be written. Those are the best! And I'm a huge fan of novellas, so I wish you the best of luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enough stories in my head for about three lifetimes. Getting them revised and out into the world is another story...

    Best of luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that line about your memoir (past mellowing and is just plain fermenting) as well as these 'flash back' pictures. Seems like just yesterday! Keep those ideas moving into the computer. Your productivity is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete