Sunday, January 3, 2016

is this too many numbers?

Here we are in the New Year already and a new Round of Round of Words in 80 Days.

What will my goals be not only for this Round, but for the entire year?

For the Year, my writing goals are:
1)         Finish editing my third devotional, “Early Ministry of Jesus”
2)         Finish editing my first novel, “Finding the Way Home”
3)         Write second African memoir
4)         Start writing my second novel, “The Novitiate”  
5)         Research getting an agent
6)         Submit 12 pieces  
7)         Have 4 pieces accepted
8)         Attend a writers’ conference
9)         Blog three times weekly in the Dino Chronicles
10)       Blog twice a week here

For this Round, I’m not sure yet. My head is still looking at the Big Picture. Here is the Big Picture from 2015:
1)      Submitted only seven pieces.
2)      But three of those pieces were published, giving me a success rate of 42%. (Ask any writer on the planet, and they would say that was great. In 2014, my success rate was only 17%.)
3)      On my big long list of all things to accomplish in 2015 – writing, travel, health, family, you name it – out of 42 goals, I achieved 31, giving me a 74% success rate.
4)      I failed on only 8, for a 19% failure rate, and worked on a final 3 things which I just did not accomplish.

I think I like numbers too much. I won’t even start with the three spread sheets of statistics revolving around sales of my three books, maybe because those numbers don’t tell quite the same success story.

I don’t work Monday, Tuesday, or Friday this week on the day job. Yeah for paid vacation! I have a lot scheduled already those days, much of which is working on the nonprofit organization with my daughter. She is planning on returning toKenya in the spring with her brother and two others and we have a lot of money to raise before then.

Let me at least try to pin something down for the week:
1)      Write 500 words on the second memoir
2)      Blog twice here and three times on the Dino Chronicles
3)      Promote my books on social media two times
4)      Update the Gofundme campaign for the nonprofit’s trip to Kenya in the spring
5)      Update the nonprofit’s website
6)      Write the letters to donors from 2015 for income tax purposes 

I guess that’s a start. How are your goals for the New Year and the New Round coming along? 
Numbers that are assigned to each child in the Compassion program 

2 comments:

  1. I am number obsessed too. :D You did amazing last year, and I look forward to seeing how this year goes for you. Good luck in your goals for the week and the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to keep track of everything. Sometimes that is a good thing, but sometimes, I just need to let it go!

      Delete