Sunday, October 28, 2012

Am I ready for next week?

Since last Sunday I have accomplished 14 out of 21 writing goals. I posted to my other blog three times (3 points), I commented on other people's blogs three times (1 points), twice I added to my social networks (2 points), I worked on things for my book for at least three hours (3 points), I researched markets for shorter pieces I have written (1 point), and at 3:30 this morning when I couldn't sleep I came down on the computer and submitted a short non-fiction piece to one of the on-line magazines I had researched (I get 4 points for that because submitting stuff is kind of a big deal for me right now).

I had signed up to do NaNoWriMo which starts in just a few short days. Then I got the edits on my book back this morning. I am hoping that I can get it together enough to review my manuscript and make all the necessary changes by Wednesday night. Then I can drag out my novel Thursday night and start throwing down a thousand words at a sitting (in between the new edits which my editor will be sending me along with more stuff from my publisher) (and you know that I work full-time in a medical center, right?).

I am lucky to have a husband who supports me fully and children who don't live with me. And a dog who walks himself.
 And my garden will be dormant now for six months so that helps too. 
(I just still want to give you a picture to look at.)

5 comments:

  1. thank goodness for dormant gardens in Noveeber:)you did well this week - can't wait for nano - all the best with those edits - I'm doing same at moment and hoping to finish before nano - oh these tight deadlines:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alberta. Good luck to you with all your deadlines. They are not so fun, are they?

      Delete
  2. My dog walks himself, too!

    My children, though, very much live here.

    Having a book to edit is wonderful! Best of luck in getting those churned out before Thursday.

    I'll see you around NaNoland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dog also walks himself. =D

    My children are very much living at home though! But at 8 and 11 this year, they are far more independent than they were at 5 and 8, when I did my first NaNo.

    I wish you much energy, and the joy that comes from being able to say that you have book edits to do and a book to write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shan, for the support. Best of luck to you. I don't have any idea how I survived my kids being - well - kids.

      Delete