Sunday, August 11, 2013

I'm not really a poet and I know it.

Sunday's post, a short one at most
Can I continue this rhyme, you bet, anytime
But I think I must concentrate, or a good score I wont' rate.

I don't know where that came from. The possessed poet inside of me. That or this has been the week that I didn't get any sleep and I am just brain dead. (I sleep at night every other week and the other weeks I pretty much toss and turn all night. Wednesday's blog attests to which week it was.)

What have I accomplished since my last post?

I was supposed to meet with two area authors to plot an author's tea we are hosting in September but one of them had to cancel. We are going to try again in two weeks.

On the plus side, my daughter and I worked for hours yesterday on the nonprofit. So much to do! But she is so amazingly organized. I kept looking at her last night and asking, "who is this person? Certainly not my daughter, who flunked out of college, has been in oh-so much trouble over the years, is my strong-willed child (i.e. the difficult child)."

I have also been researching the creation of a website. I've tried a few website designers and have put a few things together, but am not happy with any of it yet. I will keep working on that.

Until next time we meet, stay happy and stay sweet!


4 comments:

  1. I love your fun poem! Letting the silly side run wild gets those creative juices stirred up and flowing. Yay!

    Great job on all the work for your non-profit. Sometimes those "difficult" kids grow up and put those strong wills to good use.

    Good luck with the website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm those treats look yummy! Marshmallows and chocolate? Mmm...

    Does chamomile tea help to settle you for sleep? Switching off computers and laptops about writing3 hours before bed is supposed to help. The emfs interfere with the sleep hormone and basically switch it off.

    Hope you get a good night's sleep soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions, Lisa. I am on the computer right up until the time I go to bed most nights. But the dumb thing is that one week I can go right to sleep and the next I can't. Hmm? Maybe I will have to research this one.

      Delete