Sunday, August 25, 2013

Please vote for your favorite photo

So here is the short list of what I have had going on the last few days.

I submitted a creative nonfiction piece to "Midwest Prairie Review". I worked on my website; I hope to roll it out in the next week. My daughter set up an organizational meeting for our nonprofit organization. I fit in there because I have promoted the meeting. I helped my mom move some more stuff into her apartment, and unfortunately, brought more stuff to my house.

And the greatest part of the week was getting together with fellow author, Ann Andrashie, to discuss the September Tea which a local library is hosting for us. On September 8, another author, Barb Philleo, Ann, and I will give a presentation on our books, followed by a book signing and refreshments. After Ann and I got our game plan finalized, we went to the park to talk new pictures to promote ourselves. It was a beautiful day and I was with two beautiful people. After all, we had to bring a friend along to take those pictures.




Our photographer, Joyce. 
She is just a wonderful person, someone you want as your friend. 

9 comments:

  1. Lots done! Best wishes with the website roll-out. That's always a bit of challenge.

    And I love the pictures y'all took, especially the one of you by the tree. Have a lovely writing week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie, for your comment and your vote. I took my daughter's senior portraits by a tree, that's where I got this idea.

      Delete
  2. I like the third picture because of the look on your face. But they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauralynn. I used to hate getting my picture taken. Now, I think of it as an adventure, just like everything else in life.

      Delete
  3. I like the first picture best. You seem to have more of a smile on your face than in the other two. But they're all really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tired to post, but it didn't take, so let me try again.

    I vote for the first picture because I like the smile in your eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to post both your comments, because the first one you commented on the smile on my face and the second one the smile in my eyes. I think the eyes say it all! Thanks so much for both comments.

      Delete
  5. Hello, Chris. I like all three for different reasons but the first photo is my favorite because it has the potential to be a little unique -- yet still communicate your essential personality. Most of the time, folks who need our photo want a head shot. So cropping all of these would result in a more practical and reusable photo. The first photo could be cropped top and bottom a little, leaving a rather unique and quite effective pose. Try it! Photo 2 also works well because of the beautiful expression (slight smile + eyes). Great progress on many goals. May your library talk go well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Beth, for the comment and the suggestions. I will probably crop most of the pictures, it just sometimes seems a shame to cut out all the background when we were in such a beautiful setting. It does depend on what the photos are going to be used for, though.

    ReplyDelete