Wednesday, August 14, 2013

So Close . . .

I wasn’t feeling so productive until I wrote these up. I think I once again did all right.  

I. READING –
A. Daily goal
1. Read two other blog posts a day. I might be close.  
2. Read in at least one of the three books I am reading.  I think that I have been slacking on this one. Man, there is no time left in the day to read!  
B. Weekly goal
1. Do research on my novel. Not, much. I did talk to one of my friends about adoption, but that conversation quickly got sidetracked. Maybe if I email her, she can stay focused.   
2. Start research for my next novel. Really? My head is already going off in too many directions.  
C. Goals for the Round
1. Have finished reading five books. I’m still on the two book mark.
  
II. WRITING
A. Daily goal
1. Work on something for two hours a day. It’s a stretch, but I can say yes.  
a. Write on my novel. Ah, no.
b. Write my blog posts. Yes, on schedule.
c. Work on paperwork for the nonprofit organization. So, the daughter and I worked on this for several hours on Saturday. She just cracks me up.   
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have finished my novel.  Seriously?  
2. Have finished all of the paperwork for the nonprofit. There’s a chance.

III. REACHING
A. Weekly goal
1. Comment on two other blog posts. I am sure that I did this.  
2. Research markets for an hour.  I found another website for posting the ebook version of my book.  
3. Keep up on social media, spending not more than a few hours a week on it. Doing OK.    
B. Goals for the Round
1. Have submitted three pieces somewhere. This is coming along quite slowly.
2. Book signing at a local library. The meeting we were supposed to have last Saturday was cancelled, but we rescheduled to the 24th. There has been some advertising for it.
3. Have survived my speaking engagements at two writers’ conferences. The first writers’ conference went well and the other one is next week already. I do need to practice my talk some more.  
4. Set up an author website. Still researching my options.

IV. PERSONAL (goals by the end of the round)
A. Running
1. Have run in the 5K on July 4. Done.
2. Continue running a few times a week just to improve my time and stay in shape. I am still doing one mile a couple times a week.
B. Family
1. Have settled my mom into better housing. We start moving her TOMORROW!
2. Have planned that vacation with Hubby in September. It’s on paper. I should make some hotel reservations soon.
C. Nonprofit
1. Have submitted all of the required paperwork. Monday I did submit our Articles of Incorporation. I think that only takes a few weeks to get back and then we can move on to the next thing.   

V. GOALS BY THE END OF THE YEAR
A. Tumaini Volunteers, Inc., has become a 401(c)3 nonprofit organization. I’m thinking still a pretty lofty goal, but we will see.


More baby steps, but getting there.

Need some dishes? This is only the most recent load of stuff Mom has sent home with me. Not sure yet what I am going to do with it all.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - congrats on making significant progress toward your non-profit, Chris! To be sure, you have a lot of large goals, but you're chipping away at them.

    I am new to your site and curious about your goal re: finishing your novel. Was it your hope to write an entire novel in one round, or had you already started the novel?

    Hope you have a great weekend & a productive next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sione, I actually started my novel two years ago! It seems like I write a couple chapters and then life gets busy and I don't get back to it for several months. I am on chapter 31 though, so I really wish I could just get it finished!

      Delete