A couple of quick things first. My new modem came on Wednesday and I wasn’t going to do anything with it coz our internet connection seemed to be ok. Hubby was tired of the connection being so slow, so he finally talked me into hooking up the new one. Big mistake. Again, like always, it took way longer than it should have. Computer popping up with all kinds of invalid password messages and junk like that. I soooo did not want to call customer support, but finally played around with it long enough that it took the password I had been offering (which I had been pretty sure was the right password, the computer was just being a jerk).
Also I see it is the first of February. One of my patients at the clinic last week was so excited about it, because the forecast was for cold weather. He said, “February’s going to come in like a lion, so it will go out like a lamb.” It took me a minute to figure that out. And when I did I didn’t bother to correct him that I think March is the month which owns that saying.
Lastly, a few posts ago, I shared a picture of this sweet lady’s hubby. I didn’t forget about her. Isn’t she cute?
WRITING GOALS for the ROUND
· Finish writing “The Early Ministry of Jesus in 40 Days” – I’ve got fourteen days written and notes on several more entries.
· Edit 20 chapters of “Tale of an American Woman” – I’ve edited 18 chapters.
· Submit three items for publication – Submitted a short piece on volunteering to “Chicken Soup for The Soul” for an upcoming issue. You would think if anyone had volunteering in the bag, it would be me.
As far as my goals for last week:
· Return to blogging three times a week on my other blog, The Dino Chronicles. I did indeed blog three times to the Dino Chronicles, and even twice here.
· Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. Again, I did not keep track of this, I don’t know why. Part of it is because I read a lot of blogs on my lunch at work, but the internet (or maybe my stupid work computer) oftentimes will not let me comment on a blog. And sometimes I really want to make a comment and promise myself that I will do it when I get home and naturally I totally forget about it. I am not going to panic if I don’t come up with a better system for keeping track. All I can safely say for sure is that I am close.
· Finish reading “The Lutheran Ladies Circle”. Done.
· Submit that piece which I wrote last week. Done, see above.
· Write two entries in “The Early Ministry of Jesus”. I wrote three.
· Run on the treadmill three times and increase my time to at least 20 minutes. Hmm? Ran three times, but only one of them was for a full 20 minutes. I will get there. I have five months til the 5K. I will do it.
· Really and truly finish the business plan for Tumaini Volunteers. Really and truly still did not. Did work on it, finished another section. But there are still two sections (I think marketing and financials) that I got nothing for.
· Finalize the volunteer packet for Tumaini Volunteers. I did do this and even mailed it out to two prospective volunteers. Now I gotta just hope they mail their application and $200 deposit right back to us.
Ok, what’s up for the coming week? I work late on Monday and have our Women’s Church group on Wednesday. I am off on Friday but have to work Saturday morning. I did just order a new Kindle which should be here on Friday, so I bet that when it arrives, that will tie me up for a bit. Hmm? Sounds like it may be a busy week. Let’s see what I can squeeze in.
· Blog twice here and three times on The Dino Chronicles.
· Read some blogs and comment on some blogs, but more importantly, come up with a plan for keeping track.
· Write two entries in “The Early Ministry of Jesus” and write notes for two more.
· Not read anything. I know. That’s a dumb goal, but while waiting for the new Kindle, I may read some in the paperback, “Dangerous Beauty”, that I have, but I don’t want any pressure.
· Run on the treadmill three times, but not making any promises about times.
· Not work on the Tumaini Volunteers Business Plan. I know. Another dumb goal, but some things should maybe just sit on the shelf for a week.
Maybe this will be the week of Un-Goals.